Skip to content

So-so weekend

August 1, 2011

I’m finished my little break now and I’m glad I did it. I didn’t get everything I wanted to get done finished, but I surprised myself with how much I managed to do. I burned myself out a little bit, but it was worth it. I had a ton of pins and needles, twitching in my legs, cramping in my thighs, and eventually another TN attack but I managed to nip it in the bud this time. I had something really weird happen that I’ve never noticed before: the back of my calves were a bit numb for a day, and I reached down to scratch my leg and noticed I had a patch of goosebumps. Not the entire leg, just a fairly small area on the right side of my right leg, how weird is that? My leg wasn’t cold or anything, not sure what that was all about. Some sore muscles, mainly in my back, but it’s just from overdoing it.

I did have a day that was completely free of TN (no aura, no attacks), and it was lovely. I even had a drink! I haven’t done that in a while, it was nice. The attack that I had last night didn’t start the way they normally do; I had a little bit of pressure in my cheekbone but it wasn’t getting worse, so I blamed it on my sinuses (stupid dust allergy). Then I started getting a headache but only in the left side of my head. It got really bad really quickly until it felt like a screwdriver stabbing through my temple and shooting down behind my ear. I took some ibuprofen but it didn’t do any for the pain. I got curious and touched my trigger area and BOOM, I got a shock in my lower jaw. So, I took a tegretol, waited….aaand nothing happened. It started to get worse, so I popped another tegretol and it worked. So I guess it’s loosing its effectiveness already, good to know I have to take double the dose now though, I won’t bother just taking one next time. I’m going to set up an appointment with Dr. Fabulous for the end of August to get another prescription, that way I’ll have a fresh supply of tegretol before classes start and won’t have to miss any classes to go see her.

The best thing about the weekend though was finally getting into a fairly normal sleep schedule without any sleeping pills. I’m still staying up a little bit later than I should, but that will be easy enough to fix. I’m completely exhausted by the time 3 or 4pm roll around, but I’m trying to avoid taking naps during the day, just so I can sleep longer at night.

I’ve got to get this disaster of a computer room cleaned up, moved around, and organized, but first here’s something really awesome that makes me laugh every time I see it (I can’t listen to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry anymore without hearing these lyrics instead):


From → Journal

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: